This month has been crazy with GAINZ! I think it’s the month where the change in my body has been the most noticeable. I’ve continued with doing mostly dumbbell lifts instead of using machines and it really shows.
Also, I’m starting to settle into my new life in my beautiful new home. It’s springtime in Nebraska and all is right with the world.
Before & after
Here’s my customary measurement reference table:
|Metric||This month||Last report||Beginning|
Holy shit! Do you see those numbers? I’m up an inch on my chest from last month, 2.5 inches from when I started! A whole inch on my forearm and bicep! My waist is even down!
I couldn’t be happier. I feel like so many of these gains have happened so recently. Time to start buying new shirts!
How I look
I often find myself catching glances at myself… I look so different! I can’t wait to see how far I go with this!
Everything’s huge. Arms and chest especially. Though my arm numbers don’t look that much bigger, they’re rounder and they’re a lot bigger, even when I’m not flexing. That’s really nice.
How I feel
As you can imagine, seeing my appearance transform so visibly is a huge confidence booster. I’m really excited to keep putting on muscle and changing the way my body looks.
I feel like if I got a good cardio routine going on my own, I’d feel a lot different (better) in my body. As it stands, I feel a little backed-up in a way.
Purely subjective details
Since last month, I’ve noticed the following:
- Shirts really don’t fit. I’ve even been ordering my t-shirts in a medium instead of a small. Work button-ups are getting super sexy but soon enough they’ll be too small for me.
- Moved up a notch on my watch band. It’s a bit loose but the last notch was too tight (and it’s stretchy). This is HUGE for me.
- Guitar is getting easier again. Strong hands. My speed and accuracy are in the toilet, though. HULK SHRED.
- Skin is softer when I sweat more. Science!
How bout them goals?
- Cardio: Yeah, didn’t happen.
- Strech more: I did a couple yoga sessions (and classes) but I want to do a lot more. I’ve also been stretching my hands and forearms every hour for the las week or so and they feel great!
- Mental preparation: A bit. I’ll do more.
- Weigh myself: Nope.
Goals for next month:
- Keep going with last month’s goals.
- Play Pickleball.
- Work on fine finger dexterity.