After cancelling Friday’s workout because of neck pain, I finally made it through a whole workout today. It was great! I did go way down in weight and endurance, though. Just more evidence that I can’t stop working out.
This Wednesday will be my last training session with Nick before we both leave for the holidays and I am on my own for a while. He’s putting together a program for me, both with gym facilities and without, so I can keep going while I’m away.
I’m most excited to go to the gym with my dad for the first time. He’s a bike racer and asks me if I want to go to the gym with him every time I’m home over the winter. And I always just laughed him off. Not this time, though. I’m so happy I get to do this!
Here’s the rundown:
- Ran 3 laps
- Lunge with a twist: 20 yards
- Slide-n-glide: 20 yards
- High knees/butt kicks: 20 yards
- Frankensteins/RDLs: 20 yards
- 4 x 20 walking lunges, 20 lbs of barbells
- 3 x 10 leg extensions, 70 lbs
- 3 x 10 leg curls, 55 lbs
- 3 x 10 low rows, 55 then 70 lbs (going to a higher weight actually helped me keep from using my neck)
- 3 x 10 barbell press, 20 lbs barbells
- 2 x 10 back extension, hold for 5 seconds
- 2 x 10 (each side) oblique dips
- I did some crazy shit where I sat on the floor with my knees up and leaned back (straight-backed) until I was about to tip over. I held my arms in front of me and held that position for 30 seconds. The next set I held an arm over my head for 15 seconds (each arm). Then both arms for 30 seconds. Killer!