Had an even more intense than usual HIIT workout today on account of Trainer Nick needing to cram for a test. Therefore, we cut my rest periods down significantly, which made me feel a bit like I haven’t been doing as much as I could instead of resting and trying not to whine.
We did stuff I haven’t done before, namely throwing around heavy medicine balls and partner exercises. It was fun and tough!
Here’s the rundown:
- Lunge with a twist: 20 yards
- Slide-n-glide: 20 yards
- High knees/butt kicks: 20 yards
- Leg swings: 40 (front/back, lateral)
- Legs over: 20
- Scorpions: 20
First HIIT sequence
Six times through. That’s right, SIX.
- Backwards medicine ball toss: 15 lbs
- 5 burpees
- 5 push-ups
- Run to the ball, do it again
Second HIIT sequence: partner exercises
Three times through.
- Medicine ball toss: 8, 15 lbs
- (Squat down, explode through the toss. Catch and repeat.)
- Partner backpedal
- (Hold hands, squat down. Nick provided resistance while I pulled backwards. Switch positions.)
- 10 hip raises (no leg lifts)
Third HIIT sequence: sprints
- 100 yard sprint x 3