Breaking out some oldies and some brand-new stuff today. I did my first set of actual, no-foolin’ deadlifts today! They were tough but I think most of their difficulty (at least at the weight I was using) was getting the form down. As I moved up, I could totally tell that not having good form will mess you up.
Lots of chest and back stuff today too. It’s weird to move toward cable machines instead of the others because my motions feel a bit awkward in trying to stabilize them.
Here’s the rundown:
- Lunge with a twist: 20 yards
- Slide-n-glide: 20 yards
- High knees/butt kicks: 20 yards
- Leg swings: 40 (front/back, lateral)
- Legs over: 20
- Scorpions: 20
- Box jumps: 3 x 10, third box height
- Deadlifts: 4 x 6, 55 lbs, 65 lbs, 85 lbs, 95 lbs
- Low rows: 4 x 8, 85 lbs, 75 lbs, 65 lbs, 50 lbs
- Face pulls: 3 x 8, 25 lbs
- Cable chest flys: 3 x 10, 65 lbs
- Same but underhanded: 3 x 8, 45 lbs
- Standing side crunches, holding 25 lb plate: 4 x 15