Some new things today. With that, I think I found my jam, as far as squat-like exercises are concerned. I did deadlifts today with the hex trap bar and it was significantly easier than doing back squats. I got up to my regular squat weight in no time; I’m stoked to see what I can do!
This week marks 3 months since I began working out. Look for my summary at the end of the week to see how I’m doing!
Here’s the rundown:
- Lunge with a twist: 20 yards
- Slide-n-glide: 20 yards
- High knees/butt kicks: 20 yards
- Frankenstein/RDLs: 20 yards
- Karaoke: 40 yards
- Dead lift (with hex trap bar): 4 x 8, 45, then 55, then 60, then 65 lbs.
- Hack squat machine: 3 x 10 (no additional weight)
- Max-out shoulder press, 30 lbs
- Max-out tricep extensions (palms up), 20 lbs
- Max-out bicep curls, 35lbs
Core super set x 2
- Regular crunch x 10
- Legs up crunch x 10
- Reach through crunch x 10
- Russian twists x 20
- Snowmen x 20