Whew! It’s been a little bit. Due to various emergencies and scheduling problems, I haven’t had a training session since last Wednesday.
I did have a great workout on my own (well, with my lovely, motivational wife) on Friday. But I don’t really know how to give 100% when I’m on my own yet.
It was HIIT day and I was worried that Trainer Nick would kick the crap out of me. He kind of did but it was good, too. I’m still working on nailing down my early-workout-day diet. Today, I only had a small amount of coffee several hours before my workout, which gave me a monster headache during my workout. Oh well; back to the drawing board.
Lots of new, fun stuff today.
Here’s the rundown:
- Lunge with a twist – 20 yards
- Slide-n-glide – 20 yards
- High knees/butt kicks – 20 yards
- Frankensteins/RDLs – 20 yards
- Karaoke – 40 yards
HIIT sequence 1: ladder drills
I did 3 repetitions with no breaks. 10 yards of ladder drills (fast with high knees), 20 yard sprint, jog or walk back, into the next one.
- One foot per square
- Two feet per square
- Lateral two feet, to the right
- Lateral two feet, to the left
- Bunny hops
- Hopping switch-ups, to the right
- Hopping switch-ups, to the left
- Diagonal two feet (weird syncopated steps)
HIIT sequence 2: 20 yard madness
3 sets, no breaks. Each exercise went for 20 yards (about 10 reps).
- Cherry pickers (like skipping for height instead of distance)
- Frog jumps
- Cartwheels (man, those took me back. I don’t think I ever learned how to do them right)
HIIT sequence 3: Explode!
Only 2 sets (ran out of time). No breaks.
- Starbursts – 20 (like an explosive jumping jack)
- Ladder climbers – 20 (like the last half of a burpee)
- Jump rope – 50