Back to training day after the long weekend. I was happy I did so well working out without Trainer Nick’s help but it was still pretty brutal. And great.
Nick explained that every couple weeks you have to change up your workout routine because your body adapts. You’ve got to keep it guessing and break it down to keep building strength. Since we had been doing a couple weeks of high-weight, low-rep stuff, we switch to lower weight, high reps. And, man, it was tough. I was just so used to being done after 6 or 8 squats; keeping going to 15 is really tough, even if the weight is low.
Oh! Lots of jumping today. I think I’m getting the hang of the box jumps but there’s still so much technique involved. I was really feeling it in my core, though. Oh, and my core got hammered too.
Here’s the rundown:
- Lunge with a twist – 20 yards
- Slide-n-glide – 20 yards
- High knees – 10 yards
- Butt kicks – 10 yards
- Frankenstein walk – 10 yards
- RDLs – 10 yards
- Karaoke – 40 yards
- Frog jumps – 20 yards (fun!)
- Squats – 4 x 15, 50 lbs
- Box jumps – 3 x 10, medium (?) box
- Chest press – max out with 45, then 35 lbs (Trainer Nick read the sheet wrong)
- First set: 20
- Second set: 7
- Third set: 6
- Fourth set: 3
- Lat pull downs – max out with 45 lbs
- First set: 70
- Second set: 47
- Third set: 26
- Fourth set: 16
Super Set! No Breaks!
- Back extension – 3 x 8, 5 second hold
- Oblique crunches – 3 x 10 per side