Good arm day today. I replaced the usuall squats with some kettlebell exercises, which are still tons of fun. I even learned a new one today that, if you replace the kettlebell with a monster sword, makes you look like a samurai.
Trainer Nick couldn’t meet at our usual time so I had my sesson in the middle of my work day. We’ll see how different I feel later on.
I’m also still super sore in the obliques and shoulders from Monday’s workout. It’s nice to still be sore; it makes me happy to learn new things to work out muscles I didn’t know were there.
Here’s the rundown:
- Lunge with a twist – 20 yards
- Squats with leg extension – 2 x 20 yards
- High knees – 10 yards
- Butt kicks – 10 yards
- Frankenstein walk – 10 yards
- RDLs – 10 yards (this time, I had to make sure I didn’t touch the ground with my fingertips. Tough!)
- Karaoke – 2 x 20 yards
All sets with a 15 lb weight.
- 20 with no weight
- 20 with 2 x 10 lb weights
- 3 x 15 seated curls – 35 lb
- 1 x 8, 1 x 12 “Skull Crushers,” 40 lb barbell
- 4 x 10 (inner and outer) tricep extensions – 25 lb
- 2 x 10 forearm raises – 40 lb barbell
- 2 x 10 barbell curl – 40 lb barbell
- 2 x 10 – Got into a plank position on my knees with my hands on a Bosu ball. Went from hands to foreams one arm at a time. Switched which arm I led with between sets.
- 2 x 30 seconds – Flipped the Bosu over and did plank with my hands on the outer edges of the flat base.
- 20 Russian twists